Monday, January 16, 2012

Bates Family History

The genealogy bug got me again over the Christmas Break. So, I'm back at it. My intent with this site is to post my Bates ancestry starting with my great-great-grandparents, Sheldon Day Bates and Sarah Ann Rogers. I have done considerable research and hope this will be an effective and free way to share what I have found with interested relatives. Anyway, this is the line as I have it so far: Sheldon Day Bates, Loudon Arnold Bates, William Bates, John B. Bates, John Bates, Samuel Bates. I think from there it is: John Bates, James Bates, Clement Bates, but I don't have anything but circumstantial evidence on the last bit. I'll post what I have along with relevant documentation in subsequent posts.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for creating this blog! And thank you for sharing your research!


    Trina (Bates) Boice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I join Trina in thanking you for this blog. I'm a direct descendant of Charles Bates (b 1789) and I am eager to learn as much as I can about the family.

    ReplyDelete